Sunday, January 29, 2006

Kuleto's and John's Grill


In addition to having dinner at the Slanted Door, a must-visit restaurant for both of us when we are in San Francisco, we went to Kuleto's and John's Grill as well. The dining area at Kuleto's is very beautiful. I had Farm Duck Breast which was really tasty. Hubby liked his Petrale Sole very much. I tasted a bite and it was out of this world good. 
John's Grill is a historic restaurant and was said to be a place visited by famous people from every walk of life. I found the ambience of the restaurant was not inviting at all, and the place felt cramped. I guess I am not into  a classic old city steakhouse? The fresh oysters were delicious but my Rib Eye Steak was so so, so was my husband's halibut. I don't think we will go back to John's Grill. 

A blurry view of San Francisco from our hotel room

Kuleto's
221 Powell Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
415.397.7720

John's Grill
63 Ellis Street
San Francisco, CA 94103

No comments: