Friday, December 8, 2006

Family and Mangoes


Family.....work....and super yummy mangoes!!!

I was back in Jakarta again in November and had a fabulous time with family.


Enjoying a relaxing afternoon with my parents in a cozy cafe  (the name of this particular cafe has slipped my mind) becomes a routine when I am back in Jakarta.


Or spending time with my nephews and niece at the pools   here and here . I stayed in two different hotels this time. :-)


or eating mangoes. A lot of it!
Lucky for me mango was in season during my entire visit so I could indulge myself with different varieties in season! Golek, Arum Manis, Indramayu, Manalagi, Kwini to name a few. I grew up eating mangos - or mangga Indonesians would call it - when we lived in South Sumatra. So I have a pretty high standard for mango - hence I don't buy mango in the U.S. after trying several mangos imported from different countries.  I found mangos in the U.S. just was not as tasty and fresh as the ones I used to enjoy. Cannot wait to taste such fresh and delicious mangos again when I am back home next year! 














No comments: